Exciting news! Templafy is now available in the Microsoft Office App Store.
This launch is a massive step towards providing our clients with even better options for multi-device and multi-platform use of the Templafy services.
Essentially this means that the Templafy task pane can now be installed directly from Word/PowerPoint on a Mac, in Office Online and on PC via the Office Store.
To try out the Templafy web add-ins:
1. Please find the “Store” icon in the PPT/Word ribbon
2. Search for “Templafy”
3. Install the Templafy Add-in
4. Log in via the task pane using your email address
The start of something great – there’s more to come
Currently the features in the new web add-in series lets users find and insert images stored in Templafy and/or any of our DAM integrations in PowerPoint and Word. For Word users can also insert text elements.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll gradually add more Templafy functionality to the add-ins – e.g. the ability to load templates in Word and find/download slides from slide library in PowerPoint.
However, there is still a long way to go to reach the feature stack of our current VSTO add-ins for PC.
The reason for the “long way” is that the Microsoft web add-in technology still does not support the full range of Tempalfy functionality. For example, the technology currently doesn’t support loading a PPT presentation from the task pane or inserting a slide from the slide library directly in an active presentation like we’re able to in our VSTO add-ins for Windows.
We’re collaborating with the MS product teams to improve the technology and we constantly see progress.
We’ll keep you posted!
- Google’s G Suite vs. Microsoft’s Office 365: A comparison cheat sheet
- Must have Excel templates for accounting and bookkeeping
- Your rebranding checklist – how to plan for brand identity updates
- Your Office 365 Implementation Checklist – How to plan the switch
- 9 of the Best Outlook Add-ins 2017 has to offer
What did you think about this post?
We'd love to hear your thoughts and questions: